Wisconsin Triterium Triathlon
If you're looking for a great race with some serious bragging rights - WTT on June 29, 2013 is for you! This multi-loop format is great for racers and spectators alike, giving the crowd an ample opportunity to cheer for their athletes.
The venue for this event is Fireman's park in Verona, Wisconsin. Verona is just a few miles south of Madison. In 2002, Verona gained national prominence in the triathlon community during the Ironman Wisconsin event. The enthusiasm of the community for triathlon is unequaled and will make for an unforgettable experience.
Wisconsin Triterium Triathlon, like all WI Tri Series races offers the following amenities to its racers:
Technical Tees for each series event
- Accurately measured race distances
- Accurate chip-timed results provided by SMA timing
- A safe course with a water safety team for the swim
- Large highly-visible buoys
- Well marked bike and run courses, with lots of volunteers on the course
- A secure transition area
- Professional bike SAG, provided by Trek in transition and on the course
- Water pre-race in addition to post-race refreshments for racers
- Clinics from pro triathletes and/or USAT certified coaches.
- Series scoring and tracking provided by Athlinks
- A wide variety of awards for age groupers throughout the series as well as great prizes for overall series age group winners!
An Event for All Levels:
When: June 29, 2013. Transition opens at 5:45 am, race starts at 7:00 am.
Where: Fireman's Park, Verona, WI
Check out our Early Bird Pricing through the end of the year! Individual registrations are $55 for the sprint distance race and $65 for the olympic distance race. Relay registration are $110 for sprint relays and $115 for olympic relays.
Sprint Distance Individual:
- 1/1/13-6/1/13 - $70
- 6/2/13-6/26/13 - $80
At Packet Pick Up or Race Day (if available) - $90
Olympic Distance Individual:
- 1/1/13-6/1/13 - $80
- 6/2/13-6/26/13 - $90
At Packet Pick Up or Race Day (if available) - $100
Sprint Relay Teams:
- 1/1/13-6/1/13 - $115
- 6/2/13-6/26/13 - $125
At Packet Pick Up or Race Day (if available) - $135
Olympic Relay Teams:
- 1/1/13-6/1/13 - $125
- 6/2/13-6/26/13 - $135
At Packet Pick Up or Race Day (if available) - $145
All prices include WI sales tax.
|Sprint Distance:||1/3 mile swim||11 mile bike||5K run|
|Olympic Distance:||1.5K swim||25.5 mile bike||10K run|
Race Preview Clinic:
All of the races in our series have a preview clinic in the weeks leading up to the race. The Pardeeville preview clinic will be on Sunday, 6/23/2013 from 7:30AM-10AM at the race site. This clinic will be coached by one of the coaches from Madison Multisport. Beginner triathletes and experienced athletes alike will benefit from this opportunity to preview the course with an experienced racer! No registrations are necessary, just show up with your race gear to get a course talk, some transition experience and the opportunity to swim, ride or run the course after the event.
USAT certified coach or pro triathlete that has done the race before and is familiar with the course. Beginner triathletes and experienced athletes alike will benefit from this opportunity to preview the course with an experienced racer!
Swim: Both races will take place in a crystal clear quarry and wet suits will be allowed. The Olympic distance race will be three loops with the swimmers exiting the water, crossing over a timing mat, and re-entering the water between loops. Swim Course Map
Bike: The sprint distance bike will be an out and back 11 mile race over hilly terrain. The Olympic distance bike will include two loops in a hilly and challenging terrain. Much of the bike course will be on portions of the Ironman Wisconsin course. Bike Course Map
Run:The Sprint run will be one loop with an out and back section over a slightly rolling terrain. The Olympic distance 10K will be three loops over a slightly rolling terrain. A short and quite steep hill - a real attention getter - is included in the Olympic loop. Run Course Map
This event will be chip-timed. All athletes will be provided with "ChampionChip" sensors supplied by Sports Management Associates.
Overall awards, 1st, 2nd & 3rd, will be awarded to men and women in both the Short and Olympic distances races.
Age Group awards, 1st, 2nd & 3rd, will be awarded for each age group, men & women, in both the Short and Olympic distance races. Age groups are as follows: 19 & U, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64 and 65 & over. Awards will also be given for top three Novice, Athena, and Clydesdale finishers.
** Awards ceremony will begin at 11:00 am **
Early packet pick-up will be available:
- When: 6/28/2013, 2-6 PM
- Where: Trek Bicycle Store of Madison, West Location. 8108 Mineral Point Rd., Madison WI 53719
On race morning, packet pick-up will start at 5:45 am at the shelter in Fireman's Park.
Chips will be handed out on race morning and body marking will take place race morning at the entry to transition.
Post race food and fun includes snacks and beverages from our sponsors. Quaker Steak & Lube will be offering wing samples to participants.
Rule and Regulations:
- Wetsuits may be worn
- Helmets and swim caps are MANDATORY
- Drafting is NOT permitted. Penalties and disqualifications will be given for drafting
- You MUST wear your velcro band with a timing chip on your ANKLE throughout the race. NO CHIP = NO TIME
- All relay athletes will exchange the timing chip in transition
- All athletes need to mount/dismount the bike at the mount/dismount mat
- All runners are required to wear a bib number and it MUST face forward at the finish line
- Racers and Spectators must follow volunteer instructions at all times
Refund and Inclement Weather Policy:
Race Day Events and the WI Tri Series has a strict NO REFUND policy. Refunds will not be issued for any reason, including race cancelation due to inclement weather. The race director reserves the right to cancel or alter the race and its course at any point in time to preserve racer safety.